Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea)
Clary is a balancing middle note; with the calming chemistry of esters. It is more exotic than earthy Geranium yet not as forthright as Jasmine.
Beautifully feminine and flowing, it gives the wearer a gentle confidence and grounding. It balances the mood and brings a sense of being centred and focused. Clary is also inspiring and can relate to the imagination and dreams.
- If it is being used to support mood balance and lift the spirits then blend with joyful Bergamot or Orange Sweet for positivity.
- If it is supporting mood swings and healing inner child wounds then blend with maternal Geranium or confident Basil.
- If more grounding is needed then blend with Cedarwood Atlas for sedative properties and deepening the breath.
- If it is being used to inspire more joy and sexuality then blend with Ylang Ylang, Jasmine or Grapefruit.
- If it is supporting the journey of grieving, blend with reassuring Marjoram and releasing Lemongrass.
Above all, this is a truly magnificent oil to enjoy and get to know.